Friday, February 19, 2010

Our V-day

This Valentine's Day outing was fun, and much-needed alone time with my Alex.
We went to the DAM(the Denver Art Museum that is). We had never been there, and being such cultured people, a visit was due. Ha. Now you don't have to go and pay, you can just look at this post!
Here are some pictures of things that caught my eye:


This room caught my eye, and stomach. This room's walls were totally covered with these spinning graphics shown on the walls from projectors. It made me dizzy. It was right up Alex's alley. 80's computer graphics.
Now, this is my kind of wall. So sophisticated, which I am not. The artists used an old-school projector and traced every line of this and then painted it. This wall was at least 10x8 feet. Now, I could be totally off, but it was BIG. I would like a wall like this in my house some day. Hopefully they bolted that projector cart to the wall. Can you imagine if someone bumped that wheeled cart. "Um, sorry"
Bungee cord maze. This was a room of bungee cords. It was fun for about 2.5 seconds and then you realize the bungee cords are going to pop you in the face every time you let go of one. But the colors are pretty.



And of course, we were encouraged to make a contribution to art. Alex went outside the box and just made a chain of twisty ties. It's kind of like "Where's Waldo", just keep looking, you'll find it.


Here is mine. I got bored.
And you know when they say some art you can relate to, and it should well up a spring of emotions. That was all crap, until I just couldn't stop looking at this picture. I feel like this could be Alex and I in about 20 years. I don't know why.
And sorry this pic is way crooked, but I suppose it's rude to ask people to move so you can take a picture in an art museum. This one is dedicated to Drew and Katie Nelson. They are our drive-in buddies. And folks, the drive-in is dying. This picture clearly represents that! Support your local drive-in. You don't even have to watch the movie. If you know what I mean! Ha.

2 comments:

Jami Nato said...

omg...that pic with the girl in the swimmers cap IS totally you. remember how i would tread water while you would do laps?? oh, emporia.

Anonymous said...

please Go to http://askaprilforadvice.blogspot.com please!