Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Flameless Candle Craft


I have been searching for these flameless candles for awhile now. Target finally put them out with their Christmas decor. $13 freakin' bucks for one candle. Um, no thanks.
But can you guess the first thing I saw when I walked into the dollar store the other day? Ok, the second thing, the first was the leaded-paint Christmas ornaments.
YES, you guessed it....Flameless candles. ONE dollar each!!

So, here is what I came up with for Gentry's teacher's Christmas gift. I assume that teacher's can't have real candles burning in their classrooms. I can count like 10 reasons off the top of my head. But these can add a little ambiance during a lunch break, and they are even scented!

Supplies: paper and ribbon of choice, modpodge.
(ideas I had as the project went on: a family picture, a quote, an initial, options are endless!)

End product: Adorable candles!
Now, I have not tested these. So if you make them and the paper catches on fire, I can not be held liable! Just sayin'. Is modpodge flammable?!



Don't forget to enter here for the $20 Wild Olive gift certificate!

6 comments:

Jami Nato said...

such good teacher gifts! i've been seeing these at the dollar store and wondering what i could make with them. BRILLIANT!

emily anderson said...

these are adorable, but i'm wondering how a flameless candle works?!

Unknown said...

thanks gals, and Em, they take three triple A batteries, which I think you can get a pack of 3 or 5 at the $store as well!

Unknown said...

and there's an on/off switch on the bottom so you can turn it off. and it flickers!

Mrs. Legris said...

you girls come up with the coolest stuff! Love it

Anonymous said...

Dear Admin,
I scan your website, its extremely impressive, I love it.
I have conjointly this connected web site.
Conventional fire candles could be a problem to work with. They can result in a great deal of concerns particularly when you're using them in a commercial place like a restaurant.
Flammenlose Kerze
Best Regards
Jennifer Fraser